CHANGES @ Ole • NYU’s Steinhardt School • ICM • Genius • ASCAP • A2IM • APA • More
There were CHANGES across the music business spectrum last week including inpublishing, education, booking agencies, trade groups, media and more. Here's the latest lowdown:
- ole, the independent rights management company, announced today that Mike Whelan has joined the company’s Nashville office as Senior Director, Creative. He joins from Sony Music Publishing,
- Larry Miller has been promoted to director of the music business program at NYU’s Steinhardt School
- ICM Partners named Mari Davies as a new agent in the concerts department.
- Hip-hop journalist Rob Markman has joined Genius (formerly RapGenius) as its first artist relations manager.
- ASAP has added a new Global Customer Service team naming DeDe Brurns VP Global Customer Services.
- A2IM has added D.C. based lobbyist Carl Thorsen.
- APA has promoted Jamie Kelsall to VP Concerts. The agency also signed 50 Cent for all platforms.
- Artist Group International appointed Allison Schlueter as head of Digital Marketing. She was with Island Def Jam Music Group as VP of Digital Marketing.
- Caryn Ganz is the new pop music editor at the New York Times