Musicians Name 2011’s Top Music & Tech Innovations
The O Music Awards blog takes a three part look at the music and tech found most innovative by a current crop of musicians. Getting things done while being mobile is an especially important theme for these hard working artists. Apple products sweep with an exceptionally strong showing from the iPhone and iPad.
Top Music & Tech Innovations of 2011: Part 1
- The Limousines: iTunes Match
- OK Go: Teenage Engineering’s OP-1 Synthesizer
- U.S. Royalty: iPhone
- SPACECAMP: "wide access to music"
- The So So Glos: "new interactive music video thingies"
Top Music & Tech Innovations of 2011: Part 2
- PYYRAMIDS: Spotify
- The Antlers: Animoog for iPhone
- Total Slacker: "VCR Guitar"
- Clubfeet: Dropbox & Google Groups
- The Pains of Being Pure at Heart: ReBirth for iPad
Top Music & Tech Innovations of 2011: Part 3
- The Drums: TouchOSC for iPad
- Class Actress: Geist from Fxpansion
- PUJOL: "the WAY people used social media and communications technology in 2011 to organize and execute human/collective social realities all over the world"
- AM: Sonoma Wire Works Fourtrack iPhone App
- Bosco Delrey: "4-track recorders that are phone apps"
Apple's products are appealing not only for their design but for their status as the top platform for mobile apps. Once established, such a position is difficult to challenge.
Hypebot contributor Clyde Smith maintains his freelance writing hub at Flux Research and blogs at All World Dance and This Business of Blogging. To suggest topics for Hypebot, contact: clyde(at)fluxresearch(dot)com.