Best Cheap Tablets And Apps For Editing Music
For artists looking to successfully record music on a budget, there are a broad range of relatively inexpensive tablets and apps easily accessible by consumers. Here we break down some of best, depending on the exact needs of the artist in question.
Guest post by Jeffrey Ulrich of Chinavision
There is a wide range of cheap tablets available in the market that cater to all kinds of consumer needs. Similarly, there are a lot of applications that allow you to edit music on your tablets. However, which tablet computer and music editing application is best suited for you? If you are looking for an answer to this same question, I might be able to help you out in this blog post.
There are a lot of factors that one should consider before purchasing a tablet computer. Same goes for choosing a music editing application; you must choose an application that is reliable and offers a good variety of functions. Selecting the best of both will help you be more efficient with your music editing tasks. It is difficult to identify the priorities of all users and classify them under one umbrella. This is why I have divided the users who prefer Mac, Windows or Android and will recommend the best cheap tablets and best apps for editing music, as per each OS brand. Hopefully, this way we will be able to address a larger audience and everyone will get something out of this post. So let’s get started with the tablets and music editing applications that are best suited for each individual mainstream OS.
You don’t need to purchase an expensive Windows tablet to get good results. There are a lot of good cheap tablets that run on Windows OS, which will be perfect for your music editing needs. There is a long list of options for affordable tablets to choose from these days, which makes the job of choosing the best one that much difficult. The one I have picked today comes from a reputable brand and offers a lot of great features with a very affordable price tag.
Lenovo Miix 310
The Lenovo brand does not require any introduction. It manufactures some of the best consumer electronic products in the world. Lenovo Miix 310 is one of its many amazing products. This might be one of the best cheap tablets, operating on Windows OS, in the market right now. Let’s take a look at the features of this great tablet computer.
- You will get 64GB of internal storage with this application, which is perfect to store large amounts of music data. You can edit and save a lot of music files on this tablet.
- You have an option of using LTE on this tablet, which is always a great plus point.
- Display screen is 10 inches wide, which offers a great light-working platform to users.
- You get a 1280×800 resolution with Miix 310 tablet which is great, considering the low price.
- It has a Quad core Atom processor which should give good speed with Windows OS, given that 2GB of RAM is also available.
- You get a 10 hours battery life with its 33Wh battery.
- Micro-HDMI and USB ports are available.
You can get the Lenovo Miix 310 for just $300. I know that it is a bit more than the other cheaper tablets, but this is a very fair price considering the brand reliability and all that is on offer with this tablet computer.
Why is the best music editing application for Windows? Well, it is FREE, open-source, powerful and extendable using FFMPEG or LAME-ENC plug-ins, which will make your files playable with every media format. You can share your files to Mac users that run OS 10 too, which adds to the value of this application. It has a very impressive special effects library and a range of filters to offer. Best of all, it runs like a charm on Windows OS.
There is not much cheap, when it comes to Apple. So we will take what we can get, if we are set on using a tablet that runs on Mac OS. Although, Apple refuses to call its iPad, a tablet; it can still offer same, if not better, functionality and can be great for you to operate.
Apple iPad mini 2
The iPad mini 2 has been around for a while now and with Apple seizing its further production, you might want to get your hands on this device fast while it is still available. This is as cheap as it gets with an Apple tablet.
- At 331g, the iPad mini 2 is fairly lightweight.
- It comes with a screen size of 7.9 inches and the resolution is 1536×2048.
- The processor is 1.3GHz dual core with a 1GB RAM.
- Storage ranges from 16 to 128GB at different price levels.
- It offers a 6470mAh battery, which is fairly useful.
It is available at some stores at the cheap rate of $269.99. At Amazon the price rises to $290. Which still keeps it in the niche of best cheap tablets in the market.
Android consumer electronic products are most widely used around the world. This OS is used by a various manufacturers, which gives us a lot of cheap tabletoptions to select from. This can be a blessing or a headache. Let’s check out the best cheap tablet that we have selected for you.
This is a slightly newly launched tablet computer from ASUS, which is quite powerful. It comes in different versions with varying prices. Let’s check out its features.
- 8 inches IPS LCD screen.
- Processor is Quad-core Atom Z3560 which offers a speed of 1.8GHz coupled with its 2GB RAM.
- Storage varies from 16GB to 64GB, according to price, and can be extended to 128GB with microSD card.
- It runs Android Marshmallow.
- Dimensions are 203.2 x 134.5 x 6.6mm and weighs 298g.
- It comes with a 15.2WHr battery.
The version of ASUS ZenPad S 8.0 that comes with 32GB storage can be purchased for $179. A great price for a cheap tablet.
PocketBand Pro-Social DAW
This is a leading app for music editing on Android Store. It is available for free, which adds to its appeal. You can edit and create high-quality tracks, even in loop sequence. You can also mix synths, audio files, samplers, drums and more. It allows you to apply FX to channels among other useful features.
These were the best cheap tablets and with them, the best music editing apps. Let us know if you would like to know about some other tablet computers or music editing apps.