Bandsintown’s New Manager App Adds Artist Marketing Tools For The Road
Back in February concert listing service Bandsintown launched Bandsintown For Promoters with concert marketing tools. Today they announced the official launch of Bandsintown Manager, a mobile app for iOS and Android, that brings much needed mobile functionality for artists and managers. In checking out the features list it's also clear that the new app expands Bandsintown's usefulness as a marketing tool connecting artists and fans.
"Formerly known as our Artist Platform and available only on Facebook, we have rebranded our product suite for artists as Bandsintown Manager and introduced a mobile app now available for iOS and Android users!"
Beyond the name change the app does seem to be the main new element but it also speaks to Bandsintown's process of developing beyond a concert listing site to offering additional tools building on that service to promote shows and facilitate contact between artists and fans.
Bandsintown Manager App
In the above video they discuss Bandsintown first before getting to the app around 1:15. Here are the Bandsintown Manager app features:
- Create Facebook events for all upcoming shows and display them on a Tour Dates tab on your Facebook Page for fans to RSVP, comment and share.
- Geo-targeted newsfeed posts that reach your Facebook and Twitter fans throughout your entire tour, from presale to opening night.
- Manage multiple artists from a single mobile dashboard.
"New exclusive features"
- Receive notifications to approve pending tour dates imported from a third party source.
- Key insights and statistics about your fan Trackers that are easy to understand.
- Artists can directly message fans who have RSVP’d to your show with targeted push notifications.
- Browse concert photos and videos of a show posted by fans on Bandsintown and Instagram, and repost your favorites ones on Facebook and Twitter to increase engagement.
The Bandsintown Manager app's new features make it a powerful marketing tool for musicians and a strong step forward for Bandsintown