Amazon Music For Artists Launched With An Impressive Free Toolkit
Amazon Music For Artists launched just prior to the current craziness and we’ve just had the chance to spend a little time under the hood.
The mobile app for artists and their teams mirrors much of what Spotify and Apple Music offer in their free “For Artists” platforms But there are also several impressive additions.
Available globally in English as both iOS and Android apps, Amazon Music For Artists offers the usual streaming and fan analytics. There is also a companion website to learn about the app, promotional opportunities, best practices, additional resources and more.
There are global views of streams for both tracks and albums; insights into how songs are performing with Alexa on Amazon Music; performance across thousands of curated playlists and stations and insights into where their fans are streaming.
Merch Sales and Features Missing On Spotify, Apple Music
True to Amazon’s online retail roots, Amazon Music For Artists is designed to help artists sell more merch.
Unlike Spotify’s Merchbar driven option which is unavailable to most indie artists, Amazon’s merch sales options are available to all artists.
More specifically, Amazon Music for Artists includes:
- New success metrics, including the Daily Voice Index, which illustrates how an artist’s music is performing on Amazon Music with Alexa – including insights into voice requests by artist, album, song, and lyric.
- Access to near-real-time streaming data, providing artists with the latest streaming data across their entire catalog.
- A fan insights tab, which provides a breakdown of an artist’s most engaged listeners – Fans and Superfans – so they can focus on growing these segments over time.
- A custom date filter, so artists can choose specific dates, or length of time to track performance in near-real-time, including the last 24 hours of a release.
- CD Baby is a verification launch partner with Amazon Music for Artists, meaning any artist who is distributed through CD Baby can get expedited access to join.
Learn more at artists.amazonmusic.com.